Sustainability through Responsible Management of Canada’s Wetlands
Secure Canada’s position as a global leader in the responsible management, use and conservation of wetlands based on sound science.
Our areas of focus
- Identify knowledge gaps for improved wetland sustainability.
- Motivate government and the public to conserve wetlands.
- Motivate the adoption of beneficial management practices that enable wetland conservation through responsible management.
- Inform the development of regulation and policy that support wetland conservation and sustainable use.
- Support action-oriented wetland conservation initiatives with measurable outcomes.
- Promote the measurement of and reporting on progress in wetland conservation.
- Communicate wetland conservation information to industry, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Communicate the value (environmental, social and economic) of wetlands, and the goals and accomplishments of Canadian Wetlands Roundtable.
- Work in collaboration with the North American Wetlands Conservation Council (NAWCC) (Canada) to advance wetland conservation.