Our Mission & Vision
The Canadian Wetlands Roundtable – A national partnership of conservation and resource sector organizations and wetland experts dedicated to enhancing the conservation and benefits of Canada’s wetlands through their responsible management and sustainable use. Canada’s wetlands are conserved for the benefit of all Canadians through integrated landscape and watershed management.
Our areas of focus
- Identify knowledge gaps for improved wetland sustainability.
- Motivate government and the public to conserve wetlands.
- Motivate the adoption of beneficial management practices that enable wetland conservation through responsible management.
- Inform the development of regulation and policy that support wetland conservation and sustainable use.
- Support action-oriented wetland conservation initiatives with measurable outcomes.
- Promote the measurement of and reporting on progress in wetland conservation.
- Communicate wetland conservation information to industry, policy makers, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate the value (environmental, social and economic) of wetlands, and the goals and accomplishments of CWR.
- Work in collaboration with North American Wetlands Conservation Council (NAWCC) (Canada) to advance wetland conservation.